My husband I were talking the other day, and we decided that if you are really into personal growth, become a part of a blended family.
Nothing will stretch you like the opportunities you face as you bring together two separate families.
You get to:
- Hone your communication skills
- See when your ego gets in the way
- Seek to understand another person’s perspective
- Improve your negotiation skills
- Demonstrate grace & kindness
- Increase your capacity to forgive
- Grow your tolerance
- See your capacity to love expand
And some of these things, you get to do them even when you don’t feel like it. Because it’s the right thing to do.
My prayer for you is that you are able to see the experiences you have in a blending or blended family as opportunities, not obstacles. Staying positive, keeping everyone’s greater good in mind, and moving with things versus against them can make life so much easier.