It’s funny how life’s seasons follow our Earth’s seasons. With everything going on in our family, I decided to take a little break from blogging. And with the plants and the trees, I went dormant in the autumn. With all of the signs of spring springing up all around our house, I decided that it was time to bring the blog back.
I really hadn’t gotten many posts up before life sort of took over. Work, marriage, and a blending family sort of have a way of doing that to you.
Highlights of the past 6 months:
- Launched two websites at work. I swear it feels like giving birth each time. Always has, always will.
- Birthdays – husband’s, mine, stepson’s, stepdaughter’s
- My ex stopped paying child support
- Husband expanded our company responsibilities beyond his 9-to-5 job to help cover expenses
- My mom had surgery
- My husband’s mom had surgery
- Stepson wrecked and totaled his truck
- My oldest son’s swim season
- Started volunteering at our church’s new campus
- My husband and his ex sold their house
It is never dull in our family, but that’s okay. We focus on keeping the wheels on, and to keep moving forward. It’s been great to look back and see all of the blessings in the middle of all of the cray-cray.
- Work has leveled out. I am blessed to work at a company that is flexible with my family schedule.
- My husband and I worked to make ends meet when my ex stopped paying child support. I am blessed that he thinks of my sons as his own and doesn’t think twice about working harder to support our family.
- Our mothers surgeries were successful and they are recovering, becoming whole once again.
- My stepson walked away from the accident with a sore knee and a scratch. Angels were with him, we are sure of it after seeing the state of the truck.
- My oldest son was blessed to qualify for state through all of the hard work he put in this season.
- Our church opened a satellite campus closer to our home which is a huge blessing in so many ways.
- We no longer have to contribute to the mortgage of my husband’s former house. There have been many weekends that my husband had to go work at the house to get it ready for inspection, but it was all worth it.
- My ex was granted unemployment benefits, and I have begun to receive child support again.
We are getting ready to begin our summer soon, with a view to graduating another one of our kiddos this time next year. It’s going to fly by!
I hope you’ve been well. I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to lately.
Lots of blended love,